Grandpa’s Arms, Inc. is a Category 1 FFL (Federal Firearms License) located at:
340 Marshall Ave. #100
Aurora, Illinois 60506
Larry AT GrandpasArms DOT com
When an Illinois resident purchases any firearm from another state, he/she will need to have it sent to a business that holds a current FFL. The FFL prepares the proper documentation and performs the necessary background check.
How Does This Work?
- You must have a valid Illinois FOID card. 430 ILCS 65/3 720 ILCS 5/24-3
- You must verify your local firearm ordinance requirements. 430 ILCS 65/13.3
- You must be at least 18 years of age to receive a longun and at least 21 years of age to receive a handgun or receiver. 18USC§922
- You must be able to pass a NICS background check. 430 ILCS 65/3.1 720 ILCS 5/24-3
- Be familiar with The Criminal Offenses Codes of Illinois.
- You must personally pay for the firearm (to the seller) and the transfer fee (to the FFL).
Straw purchases are illegal.
Illinois waiting period is 24 hours for long guns and 72 hours for handguns. 430 ILCS 65/3 720 ILCS 5/24-3
Upon taking possession of the firearm, it must be unloaded and enclosed in a case to transport. 720 ILCS 5/24-3
Buying a gun for someone who is prohibited by law from possessing one or for someone who does not want his or her name associated with the transaction is a “straw purchase.”
- An illegal firearm purchase (straw purchase) is a federal crime.
- An illegal firearm purchase can bring a felony conviction sentence of ten years in jail and a fine of up to $250,000.
- Buying a gun for someone who can’t buy it themselves can cost you your good name and land you in big trouble.
Never buy a gun for someone who is unwilling or unable to do so himself/herself. Whatever you do, Don’t Lie for the Other Guy!
NOTE: If a background check fails for the original buyer, Grandpa’s Arms, Inc. will hold the firearm(s) until a legal resolution is found. The original buyer is responsible for our regular transfer fees PLUS all expenses incurred resolving the situation.